Popular Posts

SOME SUNDAY BAKING pt.2; COCONUT BISCUITS

(I originally intended to do my Sunday baking a bit more often than once every 18 months but things seldom turn out the way you intend them to...)

I got a huge craving for coconut biscuits, such as my mom and grandmother used to make them and which I haven't had for years. I used a recipe from the web which maybe differed a bit from the ones I'm used to, perhaps, but anyway they're super easy to make. And works for those with gluten allergy too.


Fluff three eggs (I use ecological and ecological eggs only) and 1.5dl sugar together, add 8,25dl of coconut flakes and the peel of one small lime. The lime is not mandatory but is a nice add to the biscuits. I also found one recipe putting a little bit of rum in the mix. I'm pretty sure I've had versions made only on egg white also. Which of course gives a different result. Maybe one could try a version with one whole egg and the white from two-three?


Pour in 75 grams of melted butter (I felt there could have been a few grams less butter).

Mix all together and leave for ten minutes so the coconut flakes can soak in the moist and swell.

Use a spoon to scoop the biscuits onto a baking plate or into small cupcake molds. The result will be fluffy and slightly cone-shaped biscuits so you don't need to form them round or anything, but you can slightly shape them into cones.

Put in the oven (175C) for about 20 minutes until the biscuits get a nice dark golden color.


Let cool and out in the refrigerator for about an hour or so before you serve. You can alo dip the tops in melted chocolate and let cool, that makes a great combination.


Eddi does not have much of a sweet tooth, he'll have a couple or three at most and his kids don't really like anything I make by default, so that means lots of biscuits for me! And they taste as good if not even better after a night or two in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...